As a model photographer, young ladies constantly came into my studio totally unprepared for their photo shoot. Of course, I worked with them to bring them up to speed.
And, many were fast learners – but still beginners in modeling so it took a bit more time than I wanted to spend.
That’s why I want share this blog post so you can go to your photo shoot fully prepared. And, I promise your photographer will be delighted!
With that said, let’s see what you need to do before you show up. Here are 6 quick tips to help you make it a successful photo session..
Are You Ready For Your Model Photo Shoot? Learn All the Ins & Outs of Model Photoshoot Preparation
Good to see you here. I’ve just uploaded a video about model photoshoot preparation for you.
If you are just starting out as a model, then you might be ready for a photo shoot with a professional photographer.
But, are you prepared for your model photoshoot session?
Many new models are not ready when they arrive. I know, because I’ve had to wait more times than I care to remember.
Keep this in mind, photographers work on a very tight schedule.
So, learn these quick photoshoot preparation tips for models BEFORE you set up your session.
Your photographer will be eternally grateful. 🙂
Modeling Shoot Preparation is Everything! So, Discover Six Quick & Easy Tips to Prepare for Your Model Photoshoot
Here are six quick & easy to remember tips to help you get ready for a model photo shoot. Don’t skip any of them!
1. Write down model pose ideas, outfits & props you need to bring with you. Find ideas through fashion magazines, TV and even store catalogs. Don’t copy. But, check them out and improve on the poses. I’ve written more about model posing here.
2. Don’t wait until the day of the model photo shoot to pack your bag and be ready. Get all your stuff together the night before. You’ll sleep better and come to the photo session well-rested for amazing pictures.
3. Don’t try new makeup or skin products the day before your model photo shoot. If using a professional MUA is not possible, use makeup you’re familiar with. And, don’t forget the powder!
4. Practice posing techniques well in advance of your session. The photographer will help you with ideas. But, you should do your part by coming to the picture shoot with ideas and experience of your own.
Practice in the mirror, or in front of a friend’s camera to see what poses work best for you.
5. Pack the basics. Make a list of everything you believe you’ll need for your photo shoot. And, have your model bag ready the day before your appointment. Double check before you leave home!
6. Get plenty of rest the night before your modeling photo shoot. Don’t show up sleepy and tired! As I said before, your photos will show whether you are refreshed or tired.
The subject of model photoshoot preparation is no joke!
You don’t want to miss out on that one thing that could have made your modeling pictures better, do you?
I hope you enjoy the video below and will keep these tips for how to be a model handy next time you make an appointment with your favorite photographer. Happy modeling! – Bob Pardue
Watch The Preparation for Model Photoshoots Video…
This video covers some of the things you need to do to get those amazing pictures you’re after. And that’s the outcome you want, isn’t it?
Get Your Photo Shoot in Gear!
In today’s blog post, we covered some things you need to know to create a successful model photo shoot.
Truth is, getting professional pictures is not accidental. When you dress, make up, and pose as a professional, you can expect your photographs to come out that way.
I don’t want to concentrate on what happens if you don’t prepare at all. But, I’ve seen it many times.
When you rush, you’re likely to forget something. And, that something could play an important part in your modeling portfolio. So, just as Santa Claus does, make your list – and check it twice!
NOW – Time to Take Action!
You’ve learned some important steps for photoshoot preparation. But, none of this matters until you book a photo session.
So, get on the phone (or online) and find that awesome photographer to work with. If you do a great job, it could open doors to paid work.
And ultimately, that’s what your goal is, am I right?
Now that you’ve got some starters for how to prepare for a model photoshoot, be sure and join my modeling tips newsletter before you leave.
Take charge of your modelling career. Get my tips sent right to your inbox. If you join today, I’m offering a special bonus. But, these are limited so hurry! Get it here..
Filed under: Modeling Tips