Question: How Do Models Get Rid of Negative Thoughts & Cultivate a Positive Outlook for a Happy and Successful Life?
Let me ask you, do most of your thoughts come out positive, or negative?
There is a big difference as you’ll discover in this blog post.
I’ve used optimism and positive thinking throughout my life to reach goals I never dreamed I could. You can too! Read on..
Okay, reading modeling tips is great. But, you also need a good attitude to really succeed.
So, take time to learn how models get rid of negative thoughts to improve their odds in this cruel modeling world.
You Control Your Thoughts – Negative or Positive?
Did you know the average person generates 25,000 to 50,000 thoughts per day? Well, this is what Hara Estroff Marano, editor in chief of “Psychology Today” magazine says.
Now, imagine if each of those thoughts you have is negative. You might say things like;
- I don’t have a chance with that local modeling agency
- There are too many beautiful models to compete with. Or,
- I’m not pretty enough to model.
What effect do you think these thoughts would have on your modeling career – and your life? You’d probably be unhappy with yourself and those around you, right?
You would get very little accomplished at toward getting those model jobs. You might also feel defeated and see no point in trying, dreading each day.
Don’t Get Depressed Just Yet – Look on the Brighter Side..
Now, let’s look at the opposite. What if those 50,000 thoughts were positive?
You would feel…
- and confident about your modeling goals.
You might begin to consistently accomplish your dream of modeling, making you feel each day was a success.
And, you become more tolerant and accepting of others, as well as compassionate.
“The Power of Positive Thinking” – A Model’s “Secret” to Success
This phenomenon of how our thoughts affect our outlook first became popular around 1952. Norman Vincent Peale wrote a book entitled; “The Power of Positive Thinking“. And, everyone from models to aircraft engineers have used it to move to the next level in their lives and careers.
His book claimed that happiness and unhappiness were a byproduct of our thoughts. In fact, many believed that negative thinking lead to a variety of psychological and physiological disorders (sorry for the long words).
So, today let’s look at some tips that tell how using positive thinking can change your life – and help you become more successful as a model.
You’ll learn 7 ways positive thinking is connected to success. Then, discover ways to get rid of those pesky negative thoughts when they do occur.
How the Power of Positive Thinking Leads to Modeling Success
Remez Sasson, founder of Success Consciousness says..
“Positive thinking is expecting, talking, believing, and visualizing what you want to achieve. It is seeing what you want, as an accomplished fact.”
Everywhere you look you see interviews from successful supermodels describing what they did to make it in the industry.
Did they experience failure along the way? Of course they did! But, the key is to look at how they do it.
Almost all of them have a positive “can-do” attitude for modeling. And yes, they use this power of positive thinking to help them succeed.
So, ask yourself this question: What does your perception of success (or failure) look like? Your answer can impact your success.
The good news is, if you have a negative mindset, you can change it. Then, your attitude to be more positive becomes real.
Success Comes from Positive Thinking – Seven Ways to Success
Below are the seven ways positive thinking links to success in modeling..
- Positive thinking helps with problem solving. Models who think positively learn new information better. So, this improves your perspective. And, it enables you to tackle problems and modeling obstacles as they happen.
- Your energy level increases. When you are in a good mood, you tend to laugh more. And, laughing boosts your endorphins (one of Zig Ziglar’s favorite words) and your energy level. If you’ve started modeling already, you already know how much energy it takes for a photo shoot.
- Positive thinking helps to give you control by increasing confidence in yourself, your modeling abilities, and situations. Successful people control their thought process. They turn negatives into positives as the need arises.
- A positive attitude attracts other positive people to you. Successful models often have a good circle of friends and other models to get new ideas – and connections. Remember, the more people you know, the more doors of modeling opportunity open to you.
- Positive thinkers are more likely to set goals and follow through by taking action. This also happens to be one of the keys to success.
- Positive thinking improves your decision-making ability. It opens your mind to broad thinking and creative solutions. Successful models are often open-minded, forward thinkers who make good decisions. And, they become good problem solvers.
- A positive outlook builds resilience. As I said above, most female supermodels often faced failures and mistakes before they succeeded. Those with a positive attitude are more resilient and recover more quickly when they do fail.
Positive Thinking is an Action Word
Success is more than positive thinking. You must take action as well. While positive thinking builds the foundation of success, you have to follow up by taking positive actions.
My favorite speaker, Zig Ziglar used to say:
“Positive thinking lets you do everything better than negative thinking.”
Does this mean you just “think yourself” into a successful modeling career? Of course not!
But, once you learn modeling skills and find contacts, a good attitude always wins over the bad.
How to Get Rid of “Stinking Thinking”
A positive attitude is one of the stepping-stones to success. And sure, everyone has a negative thought occasionally. But, you may be able to counteract it with a positive thought.
When negative thoughts fill your mind, a change of mindset is in order. But, how do you do that?
Become aware of your thoughts.
The trick is to take control of your thinking. Frequently ask yourself, “What am I thinking right now?”
Learn to recognize your negative thinking patterns and replace them with realistic, positive alternatives.
In other words, get rid of that “stinking thinking” and move forward with your model goals; and your life.
When a negative thought enters your mind, immediately replace it with a positive thought.
Negative thought: “I can’t believe that other model got the job I wanted.”
Positive thought change: “The other model must have had the look and abilities the agent wanted today. I’ll get the next one.”
Negative thought: “I can’t believe the poor service at this restaurant today!”
Positive thought change: “The waitress must be having a bad day because the service is usually great here.”
These are just a couple of examples. Below, find 3 other ways to change the way you think about success. These are;
- Read inspirational, positive quotes and articles. Read about the lives of successful and happy people (or models).
- Do things you love. Do at least one thing every day that you enjoy doing.
- Visualize your life, as you want it to be – not how it is now. Create a visual map. When you find negative thoughts creeping in, look at your map to remind you of what you want.
In the end, everyone has a negative thought occasionally. The trick is to recognize and replace them with positive thoughts immediately so you don’t dwell on the negative.
I hope this post about taking a positive outlook helps you with your modeling dream. I know models face rejection and need tough skin to continue.
But, with good, positive thinking, you’ll find that life is much more tolerable. And, your photographers, agents & others are more willing to help you succeed.
If you want more information about becoming a model, take a minute to subscribe to my newsletter. It covers tips, ideas and plenty of other info to help you reach your goals more quickly. Get it here..
Now, think positive, take action and get going with your career as a model. Remember, nothing works until you do! – Bob
Filed under: Modeling Tips