If you’ve ever picked up a point & shoot Nikon, you know there’s lots you can do with your camera. I’m not talking about a selfie on your smart phone although this is popular too. But let’s get serious for a minute and look at digital fashion photography as an addition to your skills.
Even if you’re an aspiring model you might want to look at this piece.
So, You Think You Wanna Be a Digital Fashion Photographer?
The growth of digital photography had made it feasible for almost anyone to capture the perfect moments of their lives better than ever.
The big improvement in shutter speed and photo resolution make it convenient and easy for both beginners and professional photographers to take good pictures. In addition, photo editing can now be done to create a more creative and artistic photos.
Digital photography has also been a huge plus for many online and offline businesses. A stock or image is used by a photographer to purchase images.
These pictures are then purchased on different levels, depending on the license. Since they are digital, and they can be downloaded from different companies. They can be modified, manipulated and edited using sophisticated editing software.
Does Digital Photography Have a Place in the High Fashion Industry?
You bet it does! Today, digital photography is known to boost the fashion industry. Digital fashion photography is different from doing television footage and taking photos on films. For digital photographers, it is a more challenging field to work on.
The ultimate purpose of digital fashion photography is to capture every detail in the runway show. It focuses on the figures of all the stunning women. It captures them wearing their fanciest, and sometimes extreme fashion outfits.
Digital fashion photography captures the various outlooks essential to gratify the acceptance in world wide fashion trends.
Fashion – A Playground for Creative Photographers
While digital fashion photography is a meticulous field, a photographer should be creative enough to know the hottest craze each year.
Like fashion designers, digital photographers in fashion should also work in beauty and glamour. This is how you get some of fashion’s greatest photos.
Here 10 points to consider on digital fashion photography
1. Keep focused
2. Ensure that your camera is always with you
3. Know and set your objective
4. Don’t let go of the opportune moment
5. Envision on how could come up with a creative and interesting pictures
6. Make use of various distance and angles for each shot
7. Show contrast by giving blurry parts and sharp emphasis over your photos.
8. Organize your subject
9. Concentrate on the shapes and lines of interest.
10. Be aware of the impact that you are making on your audience
A digital photographer should also know, whatever output he or she delivers will uncover the care, she took.
Requirements for a Flourishing Digital Fashion Photography Career
1. Proper Lighting– The photographer should use curtains and reflectors. Use a tripod and set light to either left or right side of the object at an angle of 45 degree.
As much as possible, avoid bright lights, or else use polarizing filters. And lastly, never underexpose parts or expose the whole photo(e); never expose the entire photograph, underexpose other parts.
2. Good Color Harmony– Photographers can make use of backdrop materials to give emphasis on tint and color. Use reflectors, filters, see-thru transparency, and diffusers to neutralize colors. It is recommended to use gray and white backgrounds.
3. The Artistic Eye of a Photographer – As a professional photographer, your audience may not see what you see in the picture. People pay value to the subject and not on the background. It should connect each other.
Take Your Digital Fashion Photography to the Next Level
If you are really serious about digital fashion photography or even becoming a serious amateur you might want to consider Photography Master Class.
This is a compilation of terrific lessons to set you in the right direction. You can get the course here and start becoming a better photographer from the very beginning! Have fun and keep creating pictures!
Filed under: Photography Tips