I guess your dream is to learn how to become a model or you wouldn’t be reading this. Am i right? If you answered yes, these 10 quick modeling tips for beginners are a must read.
Do you need a kick-start course in modeling to get started in this competitive network? Young people starting out in the modeling industry are often attracted to the glamour.
In these ten modeling tips you will learn some of the steps you must take in order to really learn modeling. So, pay close attention. Then, come back and read these tips for new models more than once for effect!
10 Quick Modeling Tips for Beginners – How to Get Started as a Model
First, like any job, modeling is hard work. Of course, it can still be fun once you learn the basics of modeling and get that first job.
Yes, have fun by all means! But remember, it takes more than a pretty face and a beautiful body to make it in the industry. With that said, read these candid modeling tips for beginners.
1. Take actions to be professional. Return all phone calls promptly and confirm your appointments with your talent management companies or agents.
2. Always arrive to your bookings on time. As a photographer, I know how frustrating it is to wait for a model when she’s late. And, calling at the last minute with an excuse is not acceptable.
3. Show up to meetings at least five minutes early. Yes, this shows you are truly professional and ready to model. Not to mention, it costs the client money when the shoot does not start on time. Show up early prepared to work.
4. Invest in a quality portfolio. Your pictures are very important tools for a model career. Hire professional photographers for your modeling pictures in order to book the most gigs.
5. Understand basic elements of fashion design. If you are planning a career with a fashion model management company, you have to know the product you are selling. So, find out what cuts fit your body best. Recognize how certain fabrics flow. Then, figure out how to wear unflattering garments well. The better you are able to present the clothing, the more sought after you will become.
6. Know your stats. You should know your dress sizes, bust, waist and hip measurements and honestly list them on paperwork. So, I included this page for female modeling measurements for you to use. Lying to the wardrobe artist is a waste of time and money.
7. Stay abreast of the industry. Become a student of fashion and the emerging top models. Thumb through fashion magazines and subscribe to industry publications.
8. Practice makes perfect. Professional models are able to portray the image the campaign is attempting to create.
9. Be a team player. In fashion, the model is just one piece of the puzzle. Make-up and hair stylists, directors, photographers and a variety of other people produce the finished product. So, conduct yourself as a team player, not the star of the show.
10. Protect your bread and butter.
Take care of your physical appearance with a proper diet and exercise. Also, keep your hair healthy, your skin in top condition, and get enough sleep.
10 Quick Modeling Tips are Just the Beginning – Get More Tips Like These for Modeling Beginners
These modeling tips for beginners will help you reach your professional goals – work toward them daily, bookmark this page and come back weekly to review the modeling tips. This is how to become a female model and get real jobs. Stay cool, read this again and start your modeling career! ~ See you on the next page!
Filed under: Modeling Tips